Thursday, February 27, 2014

Overview Thursday

Good Thursday to you! I hope your day is progressing nicely. Only one more day until the weekend, woohoo! So, I was going to do a book review for you today but I haven't heard back from the author yet and I wanted to make sure everything was good with her and possibly give the book away so I will save it for another day.

So for today I decided to just give you an overview of the goals for my blog and a glimpse at the schedule for each day. Here goes:

I really want to reach out and connect with young moms (in their 20's) and encourage them in their day to day lives. I know a lot of blogs out there are DIY, homemaking and kid-focused, which is FANTASTIC! I am glad those are out there because I enjoy keeping up with those ones myself. However, I feel drawn in a different direction. My life, short as it has been, has held some major issues and obstacles that my husband and I have faced together. While I love being a mom and love my boys, I just don't feel called to share them. They have been easy for the most part and just little troopers. I feel that I need to share what Andrew and I have faced together. The difficulties that cause strife, the unmasked moments in my life. The imperfect, un-Pinterest-esque times. So that is what I will do.


The schedule of posts will look like this:

Monday - Struggle (fitting for Mondays, right?!)

Tuesday - Kiddos - something applicable to children

Wednesday - Clean / Organize - something that I have always struggled with and am finally conquering!

Thursday - a Book Review or recommendation of some kind

Friday - Freebie Friday - because let's face it, what's better than a Friday? A Friday with something FREEEE! I also might add in some design-ish tutorials and or tips on Fridays.

Saturday - a family post - an activity idea, a meal idea, a verse to memorize, etc.

Sunday - a Heart Post - Sundays will be off and on. When there is really something pressing on my heart I will share it on Sunday otherwise Sunday will probably not have a post.

As a kicker, have a free March calendar printable...

 a Flower of the Field printable 5x7 March calendar

So, there it is. Enjoy it! If for some reason you have problems with it or can't access it, please feel free to let me know. Also, if you have any post requests, questions or would like to guest post, by all means, please email me. I would love to hear what you have to say!!!
Blessings to your Thursday!
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment